Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dating Your Boss



While I was working my way through college, I worked at the same company for a few years. Always on the prowl (I'll admit it!), it didn't take long for me to want to break that rule about never dating your boss. Technically he was my supervisor. My crush took a turn when I invited him to a Halloween celebration. Maybe it was the blonde wig. We started a relationship that we tried to keep hushed for as long as we could. But, you know, when you're in love you want the whole world to know.


I don't think you realize

the power you have over me

I know you'll never understand

the changes you've inspired in me

I was determined to prove

I could do anything and everything alone

And I, so scared of being abused

Kept my heart to myself.

On the day you leave my life

I'll savor each memory

Cry into these own two hands

and smile at what used to be

I will, just one last time

hold your body so close to me

Then I will open my arms

and set you free.


No comments:

Post a Comment