Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Bite Into the Apple


Once upon a time I was dating someone who was more religious than I was. He was hesitant to begin a sexual relationship. I felt like the biblical Eve in the Garden of Eden - coaxing, tempting, seducing - yearning for him to take a bite out of the apple.

It wasn't just the "apple" that I was thinking about when I wrote this poem. It was the act of reaching up and out, bringing it closer to me, and experiencing it with all my senses. The freedom to grasp life and enjoy it!


I bite into the apple
Pierce its shiny skin
I moan in delicious ecstasy
as its juice slips down my chin

I close my eyes and savor
the pieces on my tongue
My eyes slowly open
once the chewing is done

I gaze into the flesh
where I have left my mark
I lick the sappy sweetness left
from being torn apart

I open my lips
and close my eyes again
Anticipating the pleasure
the next bite will begin.




1 comment:

  1. But then, alas, after the bite was done,
    was the reluctant heart permanently won?

    ReplyDelete