Monday, January 9, 2012

Visitation

The voice calls to my heart
I hear her in my dreams
The dreams that for some are merely fantasy
or imagination so it seems
incredible to their ears

I do not share the secrets
she tells my listening heart
her words dripping blood and pain
I fear will tear me to jagged parts

Out of fear I closed the door
out of anger she crossed the river
I heard her and I spoke
my voice only a quiver

And then I saw her through the window
a black wet shawl wrapped over her shoulders
Her hair dripping flowing over her face
like sleek brown wet covers

Her beauty beyond any sky
any flower any mountain
the pain in her eyes too deep
my face twisted and bled
my whole self began to weep
Only a glimpse and a moment to meet

Then she fled from my sight
my vision of pain and beauty
vanished into the night

No comments:

Post a Comment