Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love Gone Cold

I used to love the way you are
But I don't anymore
I used to miss you after an hour
But now you're just a chore
You used to make me happy
Now you make me bored
You used to kiss me with magic
Now we never kiss anymore

And I used to be able to see a future
filled with flashes of your face
Now all I see is uncertainty
your face, replaced and erased

Oh I thought I thought I thought
But rather I only dreamed
I didn't think about the way you are
Only the way you seemed

3 comments:

  1. I hope this is based on remembrance and not current feelings. You so seldom post any more. I hope all is well, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently you've been real quiet,
    no poetry or wild word riot,
    not a single line of newest work,
    no place for this reader to lurk.
    One hopes that it is just a phase,
    not inner doubt or relation maze,
    just that you're busy, no broken heart,
    return to writing, for a new start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim!
      Just busy - no broken heart. Thank you so much for checking in and sorry it's taken me so long to respond! :) All of the poems I've posted so far are from the book I published in 2005. It's fun revisiting them. Once I've exhausted that resource, I'll start putting newer stuff up.

      Hope all is well with you!
      Gina

      Delete